Love is such a beautiful thing. We were each created with an innate desire to love and be loved.
Of course, being that The Lord designed each of us to be perfectly unique, that means that the ways in which we love others, and feel loved ourselves, are different.
Gary Chapman is the relationship expert behind The 5 Love Languages — an official assessment that identifies exactly what it is that fills up your love cup: Words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time, and physical touch.
Y’all, this assessment is a GAME CHANGER.
I remember when my husband and I were dating, we took a two-week trip that started in Charleston, South Carolina, and took us to Newport Beach, California, before we returned home to Colorado. The majority of the trip was spent with other people — either planning/attending wedding activities, or divulging into the rich knowledge we’d learned at a church planting conference.
After two long weeks of travel, my husband said to me, “I can’t wait to get home so we can go on a date.”
I remember saying, “what do you mean go on a date? We just spent the last two weeks together on a date!”
It was in this conversation that I learned that for him, time together was not the same as quality time, which is his love language, and the thing that makes him feel the most loved.
We took the test together to identify our own love languages so that we could communicate to each other, exactly what we need in order to fill our love buckets. In knowing what we need individually, we’re also able to recognize how we naturally love the other person. For example, my love language is words of affirmation. So I naturally build my husband up, and constantly use words to love him, assuming they make him feel loved.
Of course, they do. Who doesn’t want to hear things that your spouse loves about you? But for my husband, it only scratches the surface, because he’s not getting the right type of love — the kind that speaks HIS love language, instead of my own.
Being that my love language is words of affirmation, something that my husband and several others out there are constantly on the hunt for is love quotes for her.
Don’t get me wrong, hearing my husband tell me, “I love you,” is a wonderful thing. Those three words hold so much power and meaning. They’re beautiful. BUT, hearing “I love you,” doesn’t fill my love cup up as much as hearing WHY he loves me. Love quotes for her are just that — more meat to support the bones that make up her love language.
I get it. Most men are not wordy creatures. Short and straight to the point is often what they prefer. Which is why some of you men out there desperately need some love quotes for her — to give your girl the words to satisfy, and to better convey your love for her.
Love Quotes for Her: 20 Ways to Speak Your Wife’s Love Language When You Just Don’t Know What to Say
1. Thank you for giving me the most wonderful years and the most beautiful life.
2. Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be.
3. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world there is no love your you like mine.” — Maya Angelou
4. I still remember the days I prayed for the things I have now.
5. I want to make you smile for the rest of your life.
6. “You are my blue crayon, the one I never have enough of, the one I use to color my sky.” — a.r. asher
7. I still fall for you, everyday.
8. You will forever be my always.
9. I love being loved by you
10. “You are my love story, and I write you into everything I do, everything I see, everything I touch and everything I dream, you are the words that fill my pages.” — a.r. asher
11. The most wonderful thing I decided to do was to share my heart, and life with you.
12. I fell in love with you because of the million things you never knew you were doing.
13. “And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” — The Chaos of the Stars
14. Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive.
15. Happiness looks gorgeous on you.
16. Have I mentioned today how lucky I am to be in love with you?
17. When I follow my heart, it leads me to you.
18. In you, I’ve found the love of my life and my closest, truest friend.
19. I have looked at you in millions of ways and have loved you in each.
20. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” — Leo Christopher.